This is a super simple DIY but it’s always fun to have something to do with your leftover Christmas tree branches. I used needles from our Fraser Fir but you can use any kind of evergreen. Vinegar is such a great cleaning agent but the smell can be a major turnoff to most people so this is a great way to repurpose and mask the odor. It would also make a pretty gift for Christmas!
- evergreen needles
- white distilled vinegar
- mason jar
- Place a large handful of evergreen needles into a mason jar.
- Fill with vinegar until needles are covered.
- Let infuse for 3-6 weeks.
A couple ways to use your vinegar when it’s ready…
- Glass Cleaner: mix half vinegar and half water into a spray bottle.
- Furniture Polish: mix 3 parts vinegar to 1 part oil such as olive oil and 1 TBLSP Vegetable Glycerine.
Use caution with vinegar on surfaces like marble and granite. Along with wood surfaces. If in doubt just keep it as an awesome window and mirror cleaner! You can use these spray bottles or grab this mason jar spray top that I’m obsessed with!